For the 49th episode of the Lion Zeal Show, I’m chatting with Joe Sinkwitz (Cygnus) about the history of spam, and how SEO has evolved over the past 20 years.
Joe is one of the most experienced guys in our industry. He was doing SEO back in the Altavista days, when spamming Meta Tags was a solid strategy. He was ranking #1 for payday loans for a brief time, bringing in over $50,000 per day for his business.
At one point he had 50 employees running his business, until Penguin destroyed their business overnight. Overall, it’s a fascinating episode from a great SEO with a lot of stories to share.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Intellifluence (Joe’s influencer network brand)
- Rand Fishkin (famous SEO)
- Majestic (Backlinks analysis)
- Scrapebox (SEO tool)
- XRumer (Link building tool)
- GSA SER (Link building tool)
- How Joe ranked #1 for payday loans
- The biggest mistakes Joe has made over the years, including spending $1,000,000 on a domain
- How to diversify your income so you’re not at risk of losing overnight (like Joe did)
- A look back at ranking strategies used back in 2003 and how it’s changed
- Using influencer networks for link acquisition
Need help growing your SEO business? Click here to have Daryl personally coach you.